Wednesday 5 August 2015

Nan

My Nana....Kathleen Eva Ormsby
11 October 1918 - 12th July 2015

So many memories of this strong, loving, faithful, dedicated Mother and Grandmother. And so proud I'll always be able to call her mine!
There are loads of memories of Nan I'd like to have on this blog at some stage, but time is getting away from me so I'll just do a few pics at the moment.








When I heard on the evening of Sunday 12th July that Nan had passed away I was sad to not have her here anymore. We knew the day would come when we'd get this news, but I knew it wouldn't feel good for it to actually come. She's always been here! She's been at baby births, baptisms, graduations, weddings, pretty much everything. And if she hasn't been able to make it (in her later years), she's loved to talk on the phone about it, and/or send a card about it. 
But at the same time I was feeling sad at losing Nan, I also felt soooooo happy that she had been released from her aged and weary body to be reunited with her husband. For over 50 years I'm sure she'd waited for that day and it finally came for her. I'm so thankful that I got to the grand old age of 32 still having my Nan alive, and Dad got to 64 still having his Mum.....That's pretty impressive I reckon!

After we heard the news and that her funeral would be in Brisbane, we made quick plans to get over to there and have some special family time.

Lucky Aunty Mel got to travel with these 2 loves


Awesome Pete!
I've got a few pics of us with Nan which were really nice to show Joe and the kids, but here's a few pics of how the day went as we farewelled her. I'm sure she would have been really happy with how it all went. It certainly felt strange not to have her sitting in her chair watching everything go on (as she always did), or riding poll posy in one of the cars.








I love you so much Nan, no number. When I count my blessings, I certainly count you twice!!!


And while I was over in Oz, I got to meet this little monkey (Ash and Ez's new baby boy). I was pretty lucky that it worked out for me to sneak a quick visit.....He's a gorgeous wee poppet!!! xxx
Still hanging out to find out what his name is!

We managed to put together an awesome sunday arvo spread. My 2 big brothers at the table first...surprise surprise! Love family dinz


This lil precious is such a great shopping bud, I'm sure she's spent more time at the shops in her 6 month life than Seth has in his whole 3 years!

And I got a bit carried away with hitting the shops (my lucky kids!). So chuffed that I got the one thing I've been wanting for a while now......a handbag (2 actually), and a new wallet. Hadn't planned on getting a new wallet but when I started looking at the new ones, this old one at the top became super grubby and embarassing!

Maybe a lil hard to see but to the left of Pete's foot is a little number 2 of Julie's that popped out onto the ground when her nappy was being changed in the backseat of the car...haha!

And back home to this beautiful sight.....my babies and hubby. Nothing quite like a bit of distance making the heart grow fonder.



Last but not least, I can't believe I actually took this picture, but I was quite taken with the Stones Hot Water Cylinder (pretty much the size of a jug!) Thankfully Grandie's gonna shout them a new one probably 5 times the size!

No comments:

Post a Comment