Sunday 20 September 2015

Faithy K Ks 7th Birthday

This big girl of mine turned 7 last month. We had a great day and a cool trip to the pools the next week but I'm just getting around to posting about the festivities. 
So here goes.....

A pretty exciting wake up. Cocoa Pops (I NEVER buy these and whenever they ask I keep walking and say 'maybe on your birthday'. That day finally came!)


She got 3 dresses, a tennis ball thing and a game of Monopoly Deal (the kids Disney version)


No caption necessary........ARGH!!!!

Hot Choccie from the Coffee Pod at school


My surprise visit to take the girls up the road for a special birthday lunch

I took them to the Palamino Bakery up the road but I could tell they just wanted to get some junk food from the dairy next door. Chips, bikkie stick things and mango juice = happy girls


Cuzzies over for KFC







KFC & Chips for dinz and then ice-cream and fruit salad for dessert. (Oh and 3 bottles of icecap that all didn't work!)

Off to the Warehouse to spend her $30 birthday money
I let her wander around while I kept Ella at the clothes so she could have some uninterrupted browsing time. No surprise that I found her in the lego/trucks section. When we walked past the barbies she says 'yuck, they're gross Mum'

And this is what she settled on, and much to my distress, I let her go ahead with her choices. She was soooo excited with the 3 thigngs she got. A Frozen egg and Simpson's Lego bag with mystery toys (flippn' Kinder Surprise videos on Youtube!) and some funny Minion goggles. I decided not to even try and convince her to get a cardigan or new socks but gosh it was hard to see $30 go on this!

Ready to go to Parakai with the Skinners, Skippers, Grandie and Mac



Zucchini and Carrot cake, Apricot and Oat Bars, White Chocolate and Almond Caramel Square...not a bad effort for my first week of fulltime work I thought

Gosh I loved hanging out with this big boy. He's totally growing up and I love it! We really fired up Grandie at the end and it was hilarious for both of us. Can't wait till he's a teenager and we can do it more and more. So blessed to be Aunty Mel to Maccy Waccy....and all my other nephews and nieces




When we got back these two little monkeys had a grand time playing with our 'boys toys' in Seth's room. So cool cause they don't get together often


And most importantly, here's 7 things I love about my 7 year old Faith Kathleen, in no particular order...

1. She's calm and collected, never hot headed and unreasonable

2. She can wait patiently for things even if it's a delayed reward like something to look forward to in the holidays that may be 3 or 4 weeks away

3. She's got a cheeky knack of listening in on conversations that don't include her and bringing them up later to her advantage (eg. 'you said we're doing something special this weekend aye')

4. She's a sustained TV/movie watcher. She could watch a whole movie from start to finish without moving and then 2 more back to back after that! Pretty awesome when Mum wants to have a low key day

5. She is well known as being helpful, kind, thoughtful, patient, funny and smiley at school. Her teacher told me last week she'd get into a big fight to have her again next year and she'd even move up to Year 3 if she could have Faithy K!

6. Her new found love of reading the Book of Mormon is soooo cute to see. It's boosting her reading and her gospel knowledge no end. She carries around that book like it's her most prized possession!

7. When she asks what's for dinner or sees what it is on the table, she often says 'Yum, my favourite'. Music to a mother's ears!!!!

Already thinking about Baptism planning....oh my goodness how did she go and get this old!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man we love that precious girl no number 😘❤️💚💛💙💜

    ReplyDelete