Saturday 26 March 2016

2016 Heke Reunion

2 weekend ago we had a really awesome time at the Heke Family Reunion at Camp Tuhikaramea in Hamilton....well actually I was only there for the weekend, but it was actually from Thursday-Tuesday. My lucky kids had such an amazing few days with their cuzzys. They ended up having 5 days off school all up (including a sicky day where they came home with an ear infection and infected eczema), but it was well worth the mid term break. Those kinds of rare family times are sooo special. And Camp Tuhikaramea was just perfect. I think Joe's got a few more pics but in the interests of actually getting a post online, I'll just go with with what I've got for now.


Within about 10 minutes of me arriving on Saturday afternoon I had these 2 fast asleep on me in one of the cabins. A nice 2 hour sleep just before we headed off to Ashleigh Coward's wedding






There was a table with lots of little boxes of fudge for guests to take away. The board on the table said it was her Grandad's secret recipe, but after he passed away it was revealed to the family.....soooo good. Perfect to find in my handbag during Gospel Doctrine the next day!






Because we had 2 cars to bring home, the boys went together and I took Dalls. Joe got the better deal cause Seffy slept the entire thing, Dall's woke up about every 20 minutes, had a cry, then went back to sleep.


So weird to have only 2 kids on Monday evening (the big girls stayed at the camp to come back up with Ez). Too easy to throw them some potato pompoms and chicken pieces while they were watching a movie

No I don't have dinners like this every night, maybe once every 2 or 3 weeks

She's not a baby anymore!

After her shower she came into the lounge with a big boggle holding her bankie. She sees Seth with his fluffy blanket in the lounge all the time so she's followed suit. Was funny to watch her try and flatten it out and then lie on it, reminded me of how Skye used to walk around in circles for ages getting her bean bag just right for her to lie on

We put them down in their own beds and when I went to bed I couldn't find Seth....until I thought to check in the girls room! Joe wanted me to leave him there but I had visions of them waking at 2am and starting to cry or play, and obviously I was having none of that!

So now we've got our Jan 2018 Ormsby reunion to look forward to, and then another Heke one in March 2019. Woohoo!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man Dalls is growing up alright! Can't believe she's 2 in a week's time. So funny/cute/weird seeing these two at home by themselves without the other kids :) That pic of Ella with Naya & Clarissa's daughter reminds me of one of Shawni's posts with all the different cuzzie groups - so sweet!

    ReplyDelete