Wednesday 7 October 2015

New Book of Remembrance Pages

I remember when I'd just had Faith, a mother of 6 children and a few grandchildren gave me some great advice. 

'Don't do for your first what you can't maintain for all of your children.'

So with that in mind I decided that each of my babies would have some form of 'first year calender' and a Book of Remembrance of some sort and they've each got a shoebox of stuff that's too bulky for the folder (I'd say that at some point over 18 years or so that shoe box will turn into a 60L box but that's gotta be the limit. Then when they move out I can give them a big kiss and wave them off with their box....maybe I'm getting a bit ahead of myself thinking that far down the track!)

With all the work I'm doing at the moment I'd gotten quite behind in adding pages, so I've made a list of what I'd like to add for each child and over the next week I've got to smash them out

Each child's folder (Seth and Dallin's still a little unfinished)





There's quite a mixture of collage pages I've made on the computer, art they've done at school/kindy and a few pages I've written myself. There's something about seeing your Mum's handwriting that I think is really cool so I try to remember that when I jump on the computer again to quickly type something up.



I don't often get the folders out, only when I'm adding something really, but I can already tell they're really precious to my babies, the big girls at least. Whenever they see them come down out of the cupboard they run in and steal them away so they can look at them AGAIN. They giggle over some pages and ask questions about others. Makes me want to get mine out of the garage now.

1 comment:

  1. loved reading these, Mell. So special for them to have!

    ReplyDelete