Sunday 30 September 2012

Grandma Ormsby's Passionfruit Cake

Last week it was Mum's birthday and that meant a sad and happy day for me. Sad cause she's not here for her special day, and happy cause we could remember her with the traditional Ormsby 'we love you lots and wish you were here for your birthday' cake.....sponge cake with lashings of whipped cream and a thick covering of passionfruit icing. Mmmmm, my mouth's watering as I think of it. It never gets old or overdone to me, even though we have 5 of them each year. (By the way, last week Natalie said she doesn't like that cake and doesn't want us to do that for her....I love it and I'd be chuffed if my family would make that in my honor if I wasn't around, just so you know!)














2 comments:

  1. OOohhh yummy! Now I'm craving it too :( Oh wow I can't believe Nat doesn't like it - how can she not, it's so good!!! I don't ever wanna have to make it for you but I promise we will if we have to. You can make it for me too. Hey would hate to be the last person left cause we've got such a big family whoever it is will have to be making them all year long lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these mel! Just two things....you need to update your 'ABOUT ME' because your gorgeous boy baby is missing, and I'd love to hear more about Ella's antics, she is so gorgeous and quirky I'm sure there are heaps of untold stories x

    ReplyDelete