Sunday 3 February 2013

Key Holder


For a week or two I've been thinking about making a key holder. The one we've used all year (left here when we moved in) was a concertina wooden thing with big knobs on it. Hideous, but it's done the job so I've hated it and used it the whole time.

Finally Daddy Joe's in full swing of painting the interior of the house and so once it's done we can actually arrange frames, art, etc on the walls. So exciting!

When I noticed that he'd taken off the key holder to paint the wall, I quickly put it in the bin and got to planning a new one.

I combined 2 pinterest ideas and things lying around to put this together. I didn't have to buy anything for it...yuss!





The wood is pieces from the edging of the garden that were piling up at the front door.
I sanded them back and stained them (with a stain I made using vinegar and pieces of steel ties that rusted into it)
Then I used the staple gun to join them together.
The hooks I had from the $2 shop from something I made last year.
I had an old can of white paint from when Daddy Joe painted the kids drawers before we moved in here so that did the letters.
And the red heart is from some vinyl stickers that Mary Pugh sent me from America.

I love making things like this and I was pleased with my husband's response when I showed him too. He really likes it which is cool for a change because sometimes I show him things I've made and he's not blown away by his wife's talent. He just goes 'oh, not really my kind of thing' :(
Talk about downer on my excitement cause I wait all day to show him and then he's not even impressed.
The reaction I got to day was good, thank goodness. Cause I'm really chuffed with my efforts.


No comments:

Post a Comment