Thursday 30 May 2013

Ella's 3rd Birthday Celebrations

My lil' Ella Bellie turned 3 on Monday. We celebrated with a party on saturday so saying it was her real birthday on Monday was very confusing. She wondered all day where the presents and party food were!!! It just doesn't make sense to her 3 year old brain that although it was her birthday on Monday, we'd already done her party and she wouldn't be having it all over again 2 days later.

Here's a little rundown of how the day went.....

It started off with going to Marcus' 6th birthday at Inflatable World. A real fun way to start the day!

At Marcus' party there were bowls of potato chips on the table. After playing for about 10 minutes, Ella camped at them until they were finished, even getting the little crispy crumbs on her fingers until they were totally gone. I asked Naomi what flavour they were cause she loved them so much and there was a spare packet so Ella got a special present of BBQ Kettles (which went down great after church on Sunday!)


Then we came home and got things ready for her party. As usual time flew and before we knew it, we had family and friends arriving. Yay!

Also thanks to Naomi, Ella was very occupied when we got home the party and I was busy getting things ready. She sat at the table and counted, recounted, sorted, shared and ate everything in her goodie bag. This girl ain't no saver!



Initially she was overwhelmed. I found her cowering under the table whimpering as the crowds rolled in. When I crouched down beside her and asked what the problem was, she said 'I don't want people to come to my party!!!!'. What the?!?!?!?! She'd been waiting for this day for months!

Didn't take long for that to wear off and she was in the full swing of things. I'm glad she chirped up cause I'm sure it's been the birthday we've waited for more than any other in history. She's talked about it soooo much I can't even believe it.

We had lots of yummy dinner and dessert, and more importantly we had a brilliant time with lots of family and dear friends.

She got some cool pressies and has loved looking at them, wearing them and playing with them this week. Everything she got was so 'Ella' if you know what I  mean.



Dinner was shared under the cold cover on darkness on the deck and the kids did it picnic style in the lounge on the Jujitsu mats, glad they came in handy for something


The weather killed the evening, well not entirely, but it was a bummer that it was freezing and rainy. The kids didn't mind though and they happily settled on the couches to watch 'Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs'



I love you my Bobby, and since you're now 3, here's 3 reasons why. (Even though there's so many more than 3 reasons why I love you!)

1. Your whole face smiles when you're happy/cheeky, and you have half cresent moon eyes like your Dad and big bulging cheeks.

2. You love to play with dolls and look after babies. You care for them in such a sweet way and I love watching you take them to the beach, to weddings, to the doctor, give them their milk bottle and wrap them up for bed in your new little cot.

3. You have always been a wonderful night time sleeper. Even now when you get up for the toilet or because you're too hot, you always sort it out and go straight back to sleep.


This cake was a combined effort from Mum and Dad. I maintain he did most of the work and he says that I did cause I baked the cake. His was definitely the tricky part and he did it so well. Much like concrete finishing apparently. I've already booked his services for Seth's Independence Day Party and Faith's Circus Party
  





And this is the day after the night before. The girls had a nice colouring in session after church. This is how I find them a lot these days and I love it.....so girly to sit around and write notes and colour in, and I love to hear what they talk about while they're sitting there thinking no one is listening.


 I love you Ella Deseret. You're so super special to me and I'm so so so blessed to be yo Mamma!


No comments:

Post a Comment