Monday 16 March 2015

FHE - The Holy Ghost helps me

When I saw this activity I thought of my Ella being scared to speak in front of people and my Faith being nervous last night about the stormy weather.

We started off talking about the 1st Article of Faith and what we know about the Holy Ghost. Faith said he's magic and he can do miracles even though we can't see him.

Dad had chosen a few scriptures that describe the role of the Holy Ghost and quite fittingly he was referred to as the 'comforter'. And Ella told us all the words she could think of to describe how a blanket feels......like cozy, warm, snuggly, safe, good...

I really hope the kids will know (and us as adults too), that even when we're not with anyone else who we think might be able to help us through a frightening or sad or nerve-wracking situation, we can always pray and ask for help and comfort from the Holy Ghost, which reminds me of this Mormonad



Faith's eyes lit up when we spoke of how she can say a little prayer in her heart at any moment of the day or night and he'll be there with her. I'm hoping that as they grow up they'll know they can ask for that peace & comfort and call on it in faith. It's reassuring to know as a mother, that even though I can't be everywhere all the time with my children, they'll always be able to have Heavenly help.

This little boy was my helper to get the activity ready while the girls were at school/kindy. He's holding the bowl cause he randomly said 'sicky bug' so he got to hold the bowl there for about half an hour afterwards as a precuation!



5 minute wonder like his big sister. Watching Shrek and annoying his napping Dad was far more fun than helping me

I got the sheets ready by drawing down the sides and cutting out the quilt squares from scrapbooking paper


The girls coloured in the little squares and then got to stick on their patches



Then we finished off by doing a quick quiz of opposites. Both of the girls were pretty quick with it.
We did it like this...
Me 'I say up, you say....'
Ella 'Down'
Me 'I say fast, you say....'
Faith 'Slow'

I think my favourite response was from Ella
Me 'I say sour, you say....'
Ella 'Not so sour'



No comments:

Post a Comment