Monday 29 April 2013

Chapel Clean Up & Soccer

Last saturday we were scheduled to do the chapel clean up with 3 other families. We were blessed with a little concreting job out of the blue that morning for Daddy Joe so I was planning to take up the kids on my own. I figured we'd probably be late and not do a whole lot to help but we'd go and make some kind of contribution.

On Friday evening we got a text from one of the other families saying they couldn't come but the Dad had already been up and done some vacuuming. So he wanted us to pick up his key and be the supervisors for the other families.

That meant not only did I have to be there on time with the kids, but if the other families didn't turn up, I had my work cut out for me (he'd listed in the text that I needed to mop kitchen and all bathroom floors, clean all glass at four main doors, vacuum chapel and wipe down blackboards.

I impressed myself by getting there on time and was pleased that after cleaning on my own for 40 mints, the 2 other families turned up and that meant 2 Mums, 4 YSA girls and 2 primary girls. We did an exceptional job I think. After just over 2 hours we were all done and I was very impressed with how good we did without the help of any husbands!!!!


Lil' Leffy was the only baby and the only boy there that morning and he made the biggest mess!!!!


We got there on time cause the girls went up in their jammies and had their toast while they ran around playing (and I followed them with the vacuum!)


On saturday arvo when Daddy Joe got home we appeased the girl's whinging by going to the park to play soccer. 

She's loving her soccer get up. Hard to teach her the concept of 'soccer is all about kicking-no hands'

After about 20 minutes....



1 comment:

  1. Wow I am so impressed with your cleaning efforts! Good on you guys. I am a little worried about your new carpet though :s

    ReplyDelete