Wednesday 6 March 2013

Cotton Reel Holder

For a little while I've wanted a cotton reel holder. I looked on trademe and they're about $35 which is much more than I would have liked to spend on one.

I considered making a square board with 'pegs' coming up, but then one day as I was planning my new sewing/computer desk, I had a brainwave.....

Where would I put a big square board? Our office is pretty small and that would take up a big part of the desk that would already be full of computer, printer and sewing machine. That wasn't going to work. And then it came to me. Make a long, narrow board that could go along the back of the desk behind the sewing machine.

So that's what I did - all by myself I might add.

I bought the wood, sanded it, painted it, marked out where I wanted the pegs and then waited for my handyman husband to drill the holes for me. He was taking too long to get around to it so this morning I figured out how to use the drill (not hard but scary as that's how he hurt his little finger a few months ago!).



And voila, here's the finished product. Now I just need to save up my pennies to buy about 8 or so different coloured cottons and it will really be done. No more mismatched cotton colours on my sewing because I can't find them in my craft drawer abyss!

1 comment: