Monday 13 April 2015

FHE- Reverence is more than just quietly sitting....

The song says 'Reverence is more than just quietly sitting....' and I whole-heartedly concur, but at the moment, I'd be happy if that's exactly what reverence was for us.

Sacrament by myself with 4 kids aged 1, 2, 4 and 6 is pretty much a write off. I've tried a few things, and nothing's working. Going out into a small side room means we all end up getting frustrated with eachother and miss 80% of sacrament, eclipse mints in my pocket only work for so long, sitting on a small side pew is better than a big middle one, but still terrible. Well meaning people who pass the kids lollies and gum right when they're at their noisiest is frustrating as heck and seems to be happening every week.

Since Daddy Joe's been sitting up the front of sacrament for the last 8 weeks or so, we're getting worse and worse.

Time for another intervention. Here's my new plan....for this coming week at least.

Each child will have their own book & their own twistable crayons (can't be sharpening in sacrament or fighting over one set!).  Each week before we leave for church I'll write a new picture on a yellow post-it that I want them to draw. They can only draw on 2 pages (or we'll be finished the book in 2 weeks!), and then we'll talk about them when we get home and have lunch together. I'm honestly not holding out much hope, but I figure at least i'm trying something rather than nothing.

The 2 pages below are glued into each of their books, just so we know why we're doing this and how we can do it











Because the missionaries were over at our place for dinner last night, they caught our FHE. I told the kids the Elders know about our plan and they'll be watching to see how we go. Hopefully they give us a thumbs up for our efforts on Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, hopefully they get the thumbs up!!! That's so cool, love it!

    ReplyDelete