Monday 13 April 2015

Thai Chicken with Brocolli Slaw and Pineapple

Is this a winner or what? My 1 year old loved it, my husband, the missionaries we had over for dinner last night.

Plus it's so so easy!

Thai Chicken with Brocolli Slaw and Pineapple

The measurements are kinda give or take....

3 chicken breasts chopped into small pieces

Mix with
1/3 C Soy sauce
1/3 C Brown Sugar
1/3 C Peanut Butter
1tbsp grated ginger
1tbsp dried basil

Leave for half an hour and then pull out chicken with tongs (so it's not too liquidy) and put into a hot pan to cook. Set aside and make the vege part.

1 Bag of Broccoli slaw (could be done with coleslaw mix or herbslaw mix, or pretty much any shredded veges)
1/2 C sliced red capsicum
1C finely sliced or cubed cucumber

Mix all the meat and veges together and it's done. You're supposed to just mix through the pineapple into the 'salad', but my husband said it should be put on the side for people to decide if they want to add it or not.

I call it a salad which it can be, but the recipe I originally found was for the chicken and veges to be put in wraps.


Herbslaw (I think it has red and green cabbage, carrot, celery and parsley)


Chicken in marinade for 1/2 hour

Chicken cooking in the pan

Cooked chicken

Altogether

Dinner is served. Salad with separate bowls of grated cheese and pineapple. We put what we wanted into spinach wraps and that was dinner. Once a week for sure I reckon

1 comment:

  1. Yum, we'd be down for that one! I'll have to try it :)

    ReplyDelete