Sunday 21 September 2014

7 years of wedded bliss

Day 1 of the '3 day 7 year anniversary'
 (I call it the 3 day anniversary cause we had Friday together, a special dinner on Saturday night and the real thing on Sunday. Should extend it like this every year cause it was fun to keep talking 
about it)

 Joe got rained off work on Friday (can you tell from the pictures the weather was terrible?!?!?!....it was at 7:30am, promise!), so I chose to go in to the city for Better Burger for lunch....I've always been a sucker for a burger
A quick and very exciting detour to see the Block on our way. I live for my tuesday-Friday nights at when I can sit down and relax from 8:30-9:40 and enjoy the Block...maybe sad but true.


Turns out most workers in the entire CBD wanted Better Burger for lunch as well. After driving all the way in, I had to continue with the plan, even if that meant 20 mins of standing in line and another half and hour waiting for the flippn things.



Verdict.....yum chips, average burgers. Not sold on the big mushroom as a vege patty, and the beef patties were a little underdone for my liking

Saturday night.....the special anniversary dinner that I'd planned for a few weeks prior. Was so cool to get the kids all in bed (they had no idea) and get all dressed up like we were going out to a restaurant. And we kind of were going out.....to the deck restaurant!





 Oops, looks like we had bread, salad and wedges. There were big juicy steaks as well.....was too busy stuffing my face to get a pic of those!






Delicious little snickers/caramello cheesecakes.......sooooo good. Will add the recipe soon.

Not masterchef presentation, but they tasted damn good

And late on the real night (21st September). After fluffing round watching you tube music videos, making Faith's funky feet, emailing in a work invoice.....so romantic!)



Oh, and my sweet husbunny surprised me with a really nice new watch. So cool cause I've been without one for so long and it drives me insane sometimes when I want to know they time and can't find my phone. 7 years in and we've decided that each year one person will be on 'present' and the other person will be on 'deck restaurant'. Excited for next year already!

When I look at this picture I can't believe it was only 7 years ago we got married and began our eternity together. Seems like we've come so far in that short time.....and I love it.....and him. He's a keeper for sure!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you've decided he's a keeper!! Those cheesecakes look sooo good!! What was Faith's funky feet?

    ReplyDelete