Thursday 6 March 2014

Baby Quiches

Quiche is yummy to me. I love the eggy, vege, pastry goodness. But 99% of the time when I make it for our dinner I do it without the pastry so it's pretty average. The kids surprisingly like it though so that's a bonus.

With all the cherry tomatoes we've been getting from our vege garden lately I decided to make mini quiches in the muffin tins, complete with flaky puff pastry cases.

Delish!!!

I cut out the pastry using the circle cutter thing that came with our pie maker and it was the perfect size.

The quiche mixture was....

1 courgette
1/2 onion

Both cooked in the pan for about 5 minutes

4 small blocks of frozen spinach in boiling water for a few minutes. Drain and mix with the courgette and onion.

Mix all the above in a bowl with 6 or 7 eggs and a little cream + salt 'n pepper.

Last of all I added about 10 halved cherry tomatoes. Usually I would add a bit of grated cheese but I didn't bother this time and they were fine without it.







1 comment:

  1. Ooh yummy Mell. I'm not a huge quiche fan, but they look good. Do you think Pod would take one to school for lunch?

    ReplyDelete