Thursday 28 August 2014

Best Muffin Recipe Ever....seriously!

A few months ago I went to a RS activity and right at the end we had muffins....absolutely delicious muffins!

I've never really raved about muffins because I usually find them dry, or rubbery, or just not really fantastic. That is until now. My friend Natalia was kind enough to give me the recipe last night and I've just made them for Faith's birthday afternoon tea. Definitely a recipe to record.

Best Muffin Recipe Ever

2.5C Flour
1 C Sugar
1tsp Baking Soda
1.5 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 C Milk
1/2 C Oil
1 C Yoghurt (any flavour, or you can just use a pottle if that's all you have)
3 Eggs

1 Can chopped apricots (optional depending on the kind of flavour you're after)

Spoon into greased (I lined mine with baking paper) muffin tins. It makes about 10-12 texas muffins or about 18 medium sized ones.

I put the apricots in and then did 2 different flavour variations

1. Put about 1tsp of cream cheese into the muffin mixture (before cooking) and then put some chocolate melts on top

2. Cut a small hole out after cooking and fill with lemon & passionfruit curd


I think you could basically alter to different flavours as desired. Like maybe putting caramel inside rather than lemon curd, strawberry or apricot pulp, pieces of moro, blueberries, cream cheese icing etc.

I think I'll know this recipe off by heart before long :)









1 comment: