Tuesday 30 June 2015

FHE - We are a ............ Family

What kind of family are we?

Happy?
Fighting?
Loving?
Angry?
Sharing?
Grumpy?

A lot of the time it feels like we are the not so good adjectives in that list and my goodness it really gets to me. So it was time to have one of those lessons about getting on better with eachother, being more loving, taking turns, sharing.


Emphasis on 'we are a happy family'


I made a poster and put the words above on little cards that I hid around the house. Each child got 2 clues that told them where to find 2 of the words to try and fill in the sentence 'we are a ..... family'


I couldn't find 'angry' when I took the photo, but we all agreed that this isn't the kind of family we wanted to be


This family sounds way better to be around and be a part of

And to finish off, we filled in these pages that helped us consider what you see, hear and feel in a happy home




A cool lesson, and a really cool treat afterwards

Nevermind the fact that my lovely husband fell asleep right in the middle of it and Seth was feeling hot and tired so he just watched from the couch. The girls were fully engaged


And it was cool today when I could tell we'd have a typically scrappy moment (over choosing a movie on netflix, or the coveted middle seat in the car), and I'd just sing 'we are a happy family' and the situation would be diffused just like that. I don't hold out hope that my sweet little song will always work, but it was like magic today and it's those small victories that help me to keep on going when the going gets tough!!!!!! (humming billy ocean's song right now of course)

1 comment:

  1. Cool we'll do this one when we get back to oz. how was the choccie?

    ReplyDelete