Thursday 10 January 2013

Slave labour?


I'm trying to get the girls more involved in housework around here....for their sake and mine. 
Some might call it slave labour, I call it everyone pulling their weight

I don't want to have to do every single thing, and I want them to learn that you need to put in effort to maintain a clean and tidy home. As I often say, it shouldn't all be up to muggins (me) to do everything!!!!!' (I even had to sternly say that to Daddy Joe last week after suffering through a week of his dirty gym bag and church clothes left strewn all over the office floor/couch)

Case and point below



After living here for 14 months, it was time (well overdue) to clean the glass ranchslider & the girls thought it was great fun. They each had their own little container of equipment and off they went.
We did an average job of it but I'm happy we made an effort and worked on it together

After our jobbies yesterday afternoon we watered the garden and that turned into watering eachother. The girls realised that the metal manhole cover thing made a little pool of water really warm so they camped on that for ages in their knickers!

Once again Seffy sat in the lounge looking cutie patootie and dribbling all down his front
(1st time in play ring)

Each day I'm trying to find little ways of including them in the running of our household. Don't want to raise no lazy couch potatoes round here.

Tomorrow might be putting the 'smalls' on the clothes airer and taking the recycling out to the big bins.










No comments:

Post a Comment