Thursday 17 January 2013

Super Faith


Yesterday I had a cool morning with Faith making her a superhero costume for Watee's party coming up next weekend. 'Super Faith'! 



She chose the colours of black, orange and pink, which I thought were really cool and she told me what different things she wanted (after looking at the cartoon's costume on the invite). We needed a cape, goggles, belt and wristbands. 

She loved it so much she wore it to the supermarket along with her snow boots. We got lots of smiles and questions about who she was dressed up as. Can't wait for the party!
Next week I have to make Ella a costume too. I think hers will be the same design but fluro yellow and purple.





I always have Seth with me for the grocery shopping and one of the girls (preferrably not both!). This week it was Faith's turn and we had a traditional morning tea (in this case lunch) at the tables in the front entrance. She usually chooses a cheese scone but today she chose a cheese bun instead



We just had Faith's b4 school check this morning. Inneke the nurse came round to our place and did the checks/activities with her and it was so fun to watch. I sat with Seth and filled in all the paperwork, while keeping a sneaky eye on my big girl. Boy is she clever. The nurse was a lovely lady that reminded me of Gloria and Faith felt really comfortable with her thank goodness. She was confident to do everything that she was asked.

Her numbers were good.....1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 30, 40


Her colours were good (Ella's were a bit of hit and miss)

Her walking, balancing etc was good


Her drawing and writing was good. Her picture of herself was super cute, with long legs and arms and a big tummy button plonked right in the middle. When Inneke asked what the circle in the middle was she said 'it's the belly button, silly!'


She's about on the 75 percentile for weight and not surprisingly with me as her mother she's 91st percentile for height.




And last of all, Faith says some interesting things sometimes....

Yesterday for my run around the block I took Faith and Charlie on their bikes. I only go around twice which is 1.6km (lame I know but I've got to start somewhere). They acted like we were doing an ironman. Seriously, the cries of 'I'm tired' were laughable (except I couldn't laugh of course cause I was really puffed myself).
When we got down by the library I heard Faith say to Charlie 'my aunty Natty lives over there' and he said 'who's that?' Her reply came fast and confidently 'She's my niece' What the heck?

Last night when we read the Book of Mormon reader we were up to the part where Mormon grows old and dies. She noticed that from one picture to the other his hair had gone from brown to grey and she asked why it had changed. I told her that happens when you get old and she looked over at my hair and said 'yours is getting grey too so you'll die soon like him too aye'     Ah, not planning on it thanks Faith!


This morning I reminded the girls about how we're planning on doing a big trip into town and then over to Devonport. It will involve the train, bus and ferry. Needless to say, I only want to do it if there's no chance of rain. And this morning it looked like there was definitely a chance of rain. I told her if we saw any rain today we'd save our trip for another day and stay at home instead. She said we should say a prayer to have no rain. Brilliant! When we got down on our knees I asked who was going to say it (I thought she'd say Mum) but she said she would. It went a little like this 'Dear Heavenly Father, we're thankful that there will be no rain today' How's that for phrasing, rather than 'please don't let it rain today' she says thanks in advance for there being no rain'......It's now midday and it hasn't rained so we should be heading off in a few hours. Will blog about our adventure tomorrow.

She just started knocking on the front door and I told her to go away or come through the lounge ranchslider cause I'm busy. She called out 'open it, Aunty BZ's with me'. I went over quickly to open it, all excited that she was here and Faith looks up at me with a big grin and goes 'just kidding'. Good one Faith, you're clever to know that would get me off my seat

A little while ago she said 'why does he have a bumpy brain?' referring to a man with bad acne on his forehead. I knew straight away what she was trying to say so I told her to be quiet and we talked about it later. She gets a bit confused with 'brain' and 'forthhead' (her word for forehead)


Today for lunch the girls made 'the sacrament'

  

Faith insisted on getting 2 of these bottles out so they could have wine with their sacrament. Apparantly Daddy Joe's told her about wine for the sacrament in their night time scripture stories

And last but certainly not least, Faith scored an extra special night on Tuesday over with Aunty BZ and Uncle Pete. She heard Aunty B talking about going to see 'wreck it Ralph' and that turned in to 'can i go with you and sleep at your house?'
Spot the chuffed one...or two!!!!
Thanks Stoners. It's so cool having wonderful aunties and uncles for the little ones.

1 comment:

  1. Cool costume super Pod!! And clever Mummy. How come you're still in bed when Watee's invite arrived??!! Either your postie's super duper early or you're a lazy bones!! I can't believe they come to your house for everything over there!! We just went to Kowhai for Mac's check & I don't remember them checking his numbers & colours etc. Hope your trip's going well at the moment guys. Your mum talked me into & train & ferry adventure once & it was one of the worst times of my life lol :) :)

    ReplyDelete