Thursday 26 September 2013

Life is fragile

Just after my post a few days ago about how I know I'll be able to live with Mum again, I'm once again being confronted with the fact that life is fragile....and I love my Dad!

16 years after a terrible heart attack that he miraculously survived, he's now having heart trouble. Serious enough to be having a triple bypass tomorrow afternoon :( For him it's been creeping up for the last fortnight, but for us we found out two days ago. He kept his concerns to himself and only told me on Tuesday that he was going to be tested at the Cardiologist because he felt uncomfortable.

That finished and he came straight to our place to get a priesthood blessing. He was scared and talked us through what would happen the following day. To cut a long story short, the news wasn't as good as we'd hoped, there's been further testing and a triple bypass is the only option.

We were saying when he came over to our place that a heart must be such a strong muscle because it NEVER gets a rest, from the moment it starts in the womb. And now because of how the past 2 days have played out, Dad's heart will have a rest....not ideal, that's not supposed to happen!!!

I was there when the surgeon met with him last night and I'm so glad. He sounded very experienced and confident of a good outcome and that's exactly what we needed to hear.

I love Dad so much, and if there was one positive to come out of not having Mum here for the past 7 years (that sounds silly I know), but it would definitely be that I've become so close with Dad. We talk every day, sometimes about important things, sometimes just catching up on what we're both doing. Sometimes even 2 or 3 times! The thought of losing him tomorrow, or any time, breaks my heart (how ironic!!!). But I know he's in good hands and what is meant to happen will happen. We've fasted and prayed that it will go well and I know the Lord has heard our pleas.








He's got the nurses wrapped around his little finger.....wonderful service, private room...



I feel like doing 5 things I love about Dad, just because, cause I don't do it for his birthday like with the kids.

1. He's got a great sense of humor....everyone loves him. When we have friends over for things, they always want to know if Dad's coming or why he's not there. He's the life of the party! (which is kind of ironic because he's a bit of a party pooper at the same time...go figure??!?!?!)

2. He's good to go to for advice, about so many things. And he likes to get his point across about whatever the question/topic is by repeating himself numerous times.

3. Dad is strong, he's lived through the death of his Dad as a young teenager, the deaths of 3 sons and the death of his wife. Through all of that, he remains faithful and devoted to his beliefs.

4. For all his grumpiness and toughness he's a big softie. And he gives his kids the best of whatever he has....a truly selfless Dad

5. He's got great legs....and he knows it.


 A few pics from our last trip down to Dad's old stomping ground!





No comments:

Post a Comment