Friday 6 September 2013

My spider on TV!

On Seven Sharp a couple of nights ago there was a piece about the Avondale Spider. I didn't see the whole thing but from what I saw, I gathered it's rare and there's a researcher from the area trying to find out if people have seen one recently. They finished by asking people to send in pictures or information of sightings.

A few minutes later I remembered that when I was relieving at Summerland on Monday, we found a huge black spider in the classroom.....seriously huge, the biggest spider I've ever seen in real life. Initially I thought it would have been cool if I had a photo to send in, and then I remembered that I did. Because it happened just before morning tea, the student teacher contained it under a glass. She called a male teacher upstairs who said spiders weren't his thing, so I took a photo of it and went and showed the Caretaker in the staffroom, asking him to come down and take care of it asap. I'm not sure how he 'took care of it' but it was taken out of the room and away from 10 small children which was our immediate concern.

So I sent the photo in and it was actually shown on Seven Sharp last night. I was actually out when it was on and I'd totally forgotten that I'd sent it in, but my friend Patty texted to tell me she'd seen my spider picture on TV!!! So I watched it on Plus 1 (love that...it reallyncomes in handy sometimes!).

Just thought I'd share that I got something on TV, small, but still something!

It's even got my name in the corner!!!! But unfortunately it's not and Avondale Spider:(

The actual piece on Seven Sharp is here










No comments:

Post a Comment