Sunday 29 September 2013

Marmite Pies

Marmite 'n Mince 'n Baked Beans 'n Cheese Pies


 


500g Mince
1 Chopped onion
1tsp Marmite
1tbsp Worcester sauce
1 420g tin Baked beans

Cook altogether in pan and stir in about 1/2 C grated cheese

Use pie maker to cook pies, with mince and a little grated cheese on top.

The recipe was supposed to include 1 tin chopped tomatoes too but I didn't have any and I think for the kids it would make them too saucy so I wouldn't bother including it in the future.

When I put them in front of the girls I asked them what they thought was inside. Ella sniffed it and said 'marmite'. I couldn't believe she could actually pick out there was marmite in there! And she hadn't been in the house while I was cooking them so it must have been from the smell. In saying that, they had a hint of marmite taste, but it was fairly mild.
It's nice to have a new mince dinner because we're a little over lasagne, nachoes, cottage pie, meatballs and rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment