Saturday 17 August 2013

Cork Heart

Last year I got 4 or 5 big bags that each had 1000 corks in them. I found something I wanted to make off Pinterest and after doing a little bit of web based research, I found a place that gave them all to me for free!!! What a score!

For what I wanted to make I only needed about 20 corks, but I couldn't pass up such a generous offer so I took a few thousand and hoarded them away for 'one day' when I'd surely need corks for something!

I ended up making about 8 cork christmas trees (will take photos of them this Christmas), and have had the surplus corks in the garage taking up space ever since. Actually I gave a whole bunch to 2 friends of mine, but I still have quite a few. So a little while ago I searched 'corks' on Pinterest to find some more ideas of things I could do.

Here's the latest cork craft I came up with.

The corks are covered with scrapbook circles glued together in the heart shape. The wooden backing board was also made for free from the scrap bin that I just found at Mitre 10 last week...yay!!! I just lined them up, nailed them and painted them white. Another lovey touch for our bedroom

And this is another heart that I made a while ago by using a wooden board, nails, and orange and pink waxed string


No comments:

Post a Comment