Wednesday 28 August 2013

Family History Sisters Group

I just got back from a fabulous Sisters Group workshop about how to do indexing on the Family Search website. I've heard about indexing for a few years but I've never known exactly what it is let alone how to do it.

Now I know more about it, and I can do it (at a beginners level!)




So from what I understand, loads (millions or billions) of documents have been scanned, and people like me around the world, can have access to the pictures and digitize the information on them by 'indexing'. Military records, headstone information, marriage records etc. are all being added every day, and now I can be a part of it......so far I've indexed 3 files. Now when I'm on the computer, I might not be on facebook or blogger, I might be on Family Search Indexing!

Savoury Muffins at the Sisters Group.....Faith and I loved them!


No comments:

Post a Comment