Thursday 29 August 2013

1st school visit

 

Straight on to Kidpix to write her name

When I took Faith to her school visit the other day it was so cool to watch her mix in with the other kids. Apart from the teacher calling her Stella to begin with, Faithy got off to a great start! When her teacher called her Stella, she looked up at me and was mouthing 'she got my name mixed up...giggle!' Not a problem for Faith though, she thought it was quite funny.
First they went outside and played a game on the court for fitness, then straight inside for Maths which started with 'number of the day'. We've done it every day since then and she loves it.


We put the number of the day into the star, then she has to count it out with dots, then I write about 6 or 7 numbers along in a row and she has to circle the number of the day and do before and after as well


Ticks are still very cool obviously!


So cool to get this on the night of her first visit from the Deputy Principal

And I had a good laugh over this one that I got the next day....she's never been called Garth before!
I feel like she's enjoying the number practise, but the reading/writing practise has got us both a little frazzled. When I say 'sound it out' her response is 'argh, I can't Mum' or 'I need to go to the toilet' or 'can I just draw?'

And can I just say I'm so so so excited to be working there on her first day.....and best of all, the whole school goes out to jump jam on the courts first thing on a Monday morning so I'll be able to spy on her with her class!!!!

1 comment:

  1. cool you worked out the text thing :) that's awesome that you're gonna be able to spy on her on her 1st day lol..Hanging out for her party tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete