Tuesday 20 August 2013

Fondue FHE & Toy Basketball

A couple of weeks ago we were coming home from Piano practise and the girls were going whinging and moaning in the back of the car. I was trying to stop them so I said 'hey girls, you better do good behaviour for this drive home because I've got something special planned for Family Home Evening'. They were both excited to hear what it was, but I'd really put my foot in it by saying that because I actually had nothing planned, special or otherwise.

So for the rest of the drive home I was wracking my brain trying to think of something out of the ordinary that we could do, that I wouldn't have to stop and buy anything for.

And eventually it came to me, in the form of Fondue!













And then this week we had a lesson about keeping our bodies healthy by not smoking or drinking tea and coffee, and alcuhole (as Faith calls it).We had to skim over that lesson pretty fast because Ella was desperate to play 'toy basketball'







Toy Basketball was a real winner for all of us, so it will definitely be a keeper. Easy to set up, and fun to challenge eachother!

Monday's still my favourite night. Love hanging out and spending time together, and the kids eyes light up when they know it's family night as well :)

1 comment:

  1. Cool, we'll have to have a go at toy basketball. We've only done it with paper balls but toys would be way better!

    ReplyDelete